CalPLG attorneys have extensive experience in transactional and regulatory matters, including the following:
- negotiation and administration of all types of power purchase agreements;
- assisting clients with bid processes, including developing requests for proposals and requests for information, reviewing and evaluating submissions, and assisting clients with the development and structure of solar, wind, and other renewable projects;
- negotiation and administration of gas purchases and related fuel and transportation matters;
- advising clients on various regulatory matters including AB 32, California cap-and-trade, greenhouse gas reporting, and renewable portfolio standards;
- serving as trial counsel on regulatory matters and assisting clients with matters before the Federal Energy Regulatory Commission, the California Energy Commission, the California Independent System Operator, the California Public Utilities Commission, and the California Air Resources Board;
- interpretation and administration of tariff matters relating to the California Independent System Operator’s and utilities’ market structures and generator interconnections;
- advising clients on the impact of the Dodd-Frank Act and implementing regulations on energy transactions.
In addition, CalPLG attorneys have extensive experience in public and private finance, and routinely provide litigation support to clients.